Friday, May 27, 2011

A Memorial



Where are they now, where did they go?
What happened to them- my heart wants to know.
Not here in my vision, no way to see,
They’re not coming back, yet I want them to be.
Where are they now, my faith must abide,
My heart keeps the feeling way down inside.
I believe in the spirit, I know there’s a soul
But there is always the question, “Where did they go?”
Perhaps to your heaven, or maybe it’s mine,
A rebirth someday or a trip as through time.
Where are they now? My vision seems clear.
They are in our hearts, with memories so dear.
Where they go doesn’t matter- it’s what you believe.
They’re really right here, helping you grieve.
And with letting them go, you’re setting them free…..
Where are they now - stop thinking and feel.
They’re a part of your spirit, that’s what keeps them real.
To keep a small, special place near your heart,
And tuck them in safely, go on now just start.
Where are they now- they’ll always be here
Safely and warmly, they’ll always be near………

8 comments:

Unknown said...

EPIC :D

Ashwini Sane said...

'They' will always remain in memories and their deeds!

Psycho Babbling Basher said...

I am sure to say that your work is totally amazing is something you already know.
But hell, they are totally amazing! And I love the words that go with it. ♥
This one rocks!

TRIPPITEE said...

Touching words about loss.My father used to have a tray on his window sill that belonged to his dad with the simple words 'blot out my faults but not my memory'
It lives on my window sill now.
I was never close enough to him and never learned enough but when he passed I felt like I would always be wearing one of his old shirts-like something of the soul came down a generation.
Thank you

Pinecone Stew said...

Have a SUPER week !

Bidisha said...

Hauntingly Beautiful...
I absolutely love your work.

Anon said...

Beautiful poem. It basically expresses what everyone feels when they lose someone they truly love. And the image is absolutely amazing, I know you made it yourself after reading your about me, haha. You are absolutely gifted with words and with images - don't stop doing what you're doing! :D

Eve S. D'ropper who is mad that she can't comment regularly bc of Blogger acting up! said...

This is sooo beautiful and wonderful and fitting. Keep up the excellent work. Have you ever submitted anything to literary magazines or contests for money? Because you totally should.

~Eve S. D'ropper, of http://wordsfromthehallway.blogspot.com