Monday, July 5, 2010

Acceptance






See me now for what I am
Proud, strong, beautiful
Reach past the discomfort of self
The deformity of perception.
See me now for what I am
Free, giving, needing
Seeking a gentle smile, a warm word.
See me now for what I am
I am the beauty who’s mind is dismissed
because of her looks
The shy one who peeks from behind
the curtain of uncertainty
I am the ugly duckling who is dismissed
because I am hard to look upon
The elder who is ignored because
my body is frail
I am the teenager who is dismissed because
my knowledge is seen as yet so new.
See me now for what I am
Here, where my heart beats, my soul flies
And my dreams dare to fill me with hope.
See me now for what I truly am
For I am you…and you
And you

5 comments:

DanWins said...

Awesome Poem yet again!

As a side note: I love the picture but could do without the fairie (personal preference you of course are the Artist), the pic sort of makes me think of seeing a moon from the surface of another planet because of the colors and the sharp look. Very nice.

DanWins said...

When you get a chance, go check out my - My Blogs of Note page.

Hope you like. If you make a special picture for your site I will put it to the left of your title (thats why I have left those spaces).

The Quiet Riot said...

Oh sweetie, you're probably going to hate visiting here. I do a lot of fantasy art. There is just too much of the real world to contend with without putting it into my images.Off to check your blogs of note.....

DanWins said...

You misunderstood. I was wanting you to make a picture just for your Link. An original just for you/your site. I would put it beside your Link. No others.

With what I have seen unless you go total outer somewhere I think I will enjoy coming here. Could never hate this work and poetry.
It is good.

Susan Palmer-Davis said...

I remember the poem...still like it a great deal. The pic is new to my mind (in association to this poem...lol). To me the fairy gives a greater sence of fantasy or other worldly presence. But you know how I am about fantasy...:)